Highlights of 2009 NPC Annual Report to Congress
(Based on Reports Submitted in June 2010)
- 82 active NPCs submitted annual reports.
- Revenues were $241 million, down by 3.41% from the prior year.
- Expenses were $242 million, down by 0.68% from 2008.
- Net worth was $205 million, down by 0.78% for the year. This represents funds held in project accounts as well as operating funds and fiscally prudent reserves.
- 32 NPCs had revenue increases; the remaining 50 reported revenue decreases.
- The top three revenue-producing NPCs accounted for 37% of total NPC revenues
- 99.8% of NPC revenues were audited by independent auditors. Nine NPCs either fell below the amount that triggers the annual audit requirement or fell within the three year intervening period.