VA Innovation and Research Review System (VAIRRS)
The VA Innovation and Research Review System (VAIRRS) is the VA's enterprise instance of IRBNet. VAIRRS is the research committee software management platform for all VA medical centers with research programs and is uniquely positioned to withstand the changing pressures of research needs, including:
- oversight needs of the research programs and institutions
- collaborative needs of dually appointed VHA investigators
- regulatory changes of the new Common Rule (2019).
Key benefits of VAIRRS include:
- reduction of administrative load on Research Office staff, committee members, researchers and their project staff
- improved transparency of research protocol processing
- support for all committee work and for institutional tracking of all research and innovation projects regardless of funding or regulatory status
- dashboard reporting of key metrics; and harmonized and standardized processes across VA research.
For questions, please contact us at VAIRRS@va.gov.