Office of Research Protections, Policy, and Education Webinars
The Office of Research Protections, Policy, and Education (ORPP&E) is pleased to announce a series of webinars focusing on topics in human subjects research protection. Each session will allow time for questions.
Unless otherwise noted presentations will be recorded. We suggest you log on using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browsers.
|| 3 pm
|| Understanding and Balancing the Status of Allowance
- How to read and interpret the Status of Allowance (SOA).
- The importance of balancing your fund control points to the SOA.
- Using the running balance report in VISTA.
- Using the credit card accrual reports in VISTA.
- Demonstration on WinRMS and how it can help you do this.
- Where to look if you don’t balance.
| Tony Laracuente and Kari Points
|| HRPP Bimonthly Updates in VA Research: December 2022
The purpose of this webinar is to update the VA research community on various topics related to human subjects protections, including:
- The CDC TPOXX Expanded Access Program for Monkeypox - Informed consent and other related human subjects protections issues,
- Commercial IRB issues and answers, and
- ORD questions and answers from VA Facilities on human subjects protections issues and ORD policies.
| Karen Jeans, PhD, CCRN, CIP; Director of Regulatory Affairs
|| Finance Monthly Training Series: Contracting Basics-Working with RPO East
- Understanding the role of RPO East and the dedicated Research Contracting Office
- Understand the key components of a procurement package
- Understand common issues/challenges with procurement packages
| Seth J. Custer, Division Chief, VHA R&D Contracting Division
If I'm unable to attend this webinar session, will it be available again?
Webinar sessions are generally only presented live once, unless otherwise indicated. However, all efforts will be made to have webinar sessions recorded and made available in our archive. If you're registered for the session, you will receive an e-mail with the archive link once it becomes available.
How will I receive audio for the webinar session?
The audio will be streamed through your computer. Turn on your speakers or plug in your headphones; the audio is automatically streamed. If you do not have speakers or a sound card, audio will be available via telephone; the number to call will be on your confirmation e-mail and also will appear on your computer screen when you join the meeting.
Who do I email for help?
Contact email@example.com for assistance.