Talk to the Veterans Crisis Line now
U.S. flag
An official website of the United States government

Office of Research & Development

print icon sign up for VA Research updates

Responding to Congressional Information Requests

VA researchers conduct a variety of investigations, and studies involving high profile topics may hold potential to inform policymakers. On occasion, Congressional offices and subcommittees will direct requests for information to individual research investigators.

If a VA investigator or research staff person receives such a request, please notify ORD's Congressional Liaison Representative, Susan Kelly (, or 202-461-1711), who will forward it to the VA Office of Congressional and Legislative Affairs (OCLA), and to the VHA's Legislative Programs Office (10C1). Both OCLA and 10C1 will review and approve the request, and if necessary, facilitate contact between the Congressional office and the VA investigator.

If you have additional questions about Congressional information requests, please contact Susan Kelly.



Questions about the R&D website? Email the Web Team

Any health information on this website is strictly for informational purposes and is not intended as medical advice. It should not be used to diagnose or treat any condition.