Gulf War Veterans' Illnesses for 2005
Download the full report here – Gulf War Report to Congress - 2005 (1256 KB, PDF)
From the Introduction to the 2005 Gulf War Report
Section 707 of Public Law 102-585, as amended by Section 104 of Public Law 105-368, requires that an
annual report be submitted to the Senate and House Veterans' Affairs Committees on the results, status,
and priorities of research activities related to the health consequences of military service in the Gulf War
(Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm; August 2, 1990 – July 31, 1991). The Research
Subcommittee of the interagency Deployment Health Working Group (DHWG) prepared this 2005 Annual
Report to Congress, which is the twelfth report on research and research activities. The DHWG tracks all
federally funded research projects related to Gulf War veterans' illnesses.
As in previous Annual Reports to Congress, the material presented is divided into 5 sections.
- Section I is an introduction
- Section II summarizes the research priorities and organization of the federal Gulf War research portfolio
- Section III highlights and summarizes research progress published since the last Annual Report
- Section IV summarizes federal funding trends for Gulf War research during the 10-year period from fiscal year (FY) 1996 through FY 2005
- Section V highlights new research projects and initiatives
Note: Additional resources can be found at DeployMed ResearchLINK. This on-line library is a collaborative effort of three departments - the Defense Department, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and the Department of Health and Human Services.