Gulf War Veterans' Illnesses Summary for 2015
Download the full summary here – Gulf War Veterans' Illnesses Summary for 2015 (1.56 MB)
From the Introduction to the 2015 Gulf War Summary
Section 707 of Public Law (P.L.) 102-585, as amended by section 104 of P.L. 105-368 and section 502 of P.L. 111-163, required that an annual report be submitted to the Senate and House Veterans' Affairs Committees through 2014 on the results, status, and priorities of research activities related to the health consequences of military service in the Gulf War (GW) in Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm, 1990 and 1991. The Research Subcommittee of the interagency Deployment Health Working Group (DHWG) prepared the Annual Report to Congress on Federally Sponsored Research on Gulf War Veterans' Illnesses for 2014, which was the 21st report on Federal research and research activities. This report (2015) follows the general format of previous reports but is not required by Congress.
As in previous annual reports to Congress, the material presented is divided into six sections and three appendices.
- Section I is an introduction;
- Section II summarizes the research priorities and organization of the Federal GW research portfolio;
- Section III highlights and summarizes research progress published since the last annual report to Congress;
- Section IV summarizes Federal funding trends for GW research during the 10-year period from fiscal year (FY) 2006 through FY 2015;
- Section V highlights new research projects and initiatives since the last report;
- Section VI contains literature references; and the Appendices contain listings of federally-funded research projects.
Note: Additional resources can be found at DeployMed ResearchLINK. This on-line library is a collaborative effort of three departments - the Defense Department, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and the Department of Health and Human Services.