ORD Policies and Guidance Documents
Launch of FIND Pro (6/13/2023)
Investigators must make available to the public all peer-reviewed publications reporting the results of ORD-funded research without restriction...Learn more
PUBLICATION NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
VA investigators or their local research offices are required, per VHA Directive 1200.19, to notify VHA Research Communications of all scientific publications or presentations, upon acceptance. Read about the notification process.
DECLARATION OF VA RESEARCH PRINCIPLES
This poster describes how VA commits to conducting ethical human research, and is a reminder that everyone in VA is responsible for making sure these principles are followed as a top priority. Download (942 KB, PDF)
FEDERAL POLICY FOR THE PROTECTION OF HUMAN SUBJECTS (THE COMMON RULE) - The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and fifteen other Federal Departments and Agencies, including the Department of Veterans Affairs, have issued final revisions to the Common Rule. The Final Rule was published in the Federal Register on January 19, 2017.
Finding Answers to Questions
ORD welcomes questions related to policy topics. Some topics that ORD can answer include:
- Human Subjects Research
- Animal Research
- Laboratory Research
- Information Security
A few of the many topics that are not in the scope of ORD Policy and Guidance Team are as follows:
- SOPs- Local or Affiliate
- Funding Applications
- Human Resources
If you have a question for the Office of Research and Development dealing with ORD policy topics, please look for the information in the following order:
- Look in FIND Pro (VA network access only) for answers to your research related policy questions first.
- You can find more information regarding FIND Pro here, such as the purpose and scope of this tool, types of searchable documents, how to log on, upcoming office hours, and who to email for help.
- If you cannot find an answer in the hundreds of searchable documents within FIND Pro, please ask a question within the FIND Pro tool and it with be routed to the correct subject matter expert.
- Search the ORD Policy and Guidance FAQs- Note that these FAQs are currently under review and are being updated. Once the update is complete, it will be reflected both on this website and in FIND Pro. Search the ORD Policy and Guidance FAQs.
- Ask your local research office. If you are not sure who to ask, please see a current list of Associate Chiefs of Staff for R&D (ACOS/R&D) and Administrative Officers (AO) at VA Medical Centers.
- Contact VHA CO ORD Regulatory at VHACOORDRegulatory@va.gov.