Talk to the Veterans Crisis Line now
U.S. flag
An official website of the United States government

Office of Research & Development

print icon sign up for VA Research updates

Administrative Modifications to BLR&D/CSR&D Projects

Go to: BLR&D Home | CSR&D Home

During the course of a project, administrative changes, such as a no-cost extension or a change in station, may need to be requested. The Request for Administrative Project Modification form should be used to request the following modifications:

  • Cost or no-cost project extension
  • Change in principal investigator
  • Principal investigator station transfer
  • Addition or replacement of a study site
  • Change in site investigator
  • Change in eighths of the principal investigator

The form is a fillable pdf, which can be completed and saved using Adobe Reader (version XI is recommended). The use of electronic signatures is encouraged but is not required. Guidance about the various administrative modifications can be found in the document: Criteria and Instructions for Requesting an Administrative Project Modification.

Questions about modifications to active BLR&D or CSR&D awards should be directed to

Questions about the R&D website? Email the Web Team

Any health information on this website is strictly for informational purposes and is not intended as medical advice. It should not be used to diagnose or treat any condition.