VA Partnered Research Program
The Partnered Research Program (PRP) , established in March 2020, was developed to enhance Veterans’ access to high quality clinical trials by providing a single entry point for external organizations interested in partnering with VA research. PRP’s primary interest is in identifying organizations that are committed to long term collaborative relationships with VA, however organizations interested in conducting individual multisite trials within VA are encouraged to come through PRP so that inquiries can be guided appropriately.
Key PRP activities include:
- Serving as the “front door” to VA for external organizations seeking to conduct a multisite trials within VA.
- Working with key stakeholders within VA to evaluate potential opportunities.
- Facilitating the negotiation and execution of central level Confidentiality Disclosure Agreements, when appropriate.
- Sharing resources with sponsors to help identify interested VA sites.
- Facilitating study start up activities for select trials determined by ORD to be of significant importance.
- Identifying opportunities for ongoing process improvement related to a standardized clinical trial start up process.