Instructions for Listing Available Equipment
Research equipment for reassignment must be reported electronically to the REQUIP Coordinating Officer at Requip@va.gov by the local Research Office ACOS/R&D or designee on a completed online editable version of VA Form 10-1274 (Research Equipment Available to VA REQUIP Program).
- An e-mail directly from the ACOS' computer containing an electronic signature or typed name and title is acceptable signature on all required forms for the REQUIP Program.
- Forms are considered complete when ALL numbered blocks or spaces on the forms are answered appropriately. Insert N/A if item is unknown or not applicable.
- Submit completed VA Form 10-1274 directly to the REQUIP mailbox by clicking the "E-mail Button" at the bottom of the form.
- A separate VA Form 10-1274 must be submitted for each instrument.
- The local Research Office must e-mail a completed local safety officer/industrial hygienist checklist and biomedical engineer checklist, as PDF files, in addition to the VA Form 10-1274 to Requip@va.gov.
- The completed checklists must have original signatures and should be submitted to Requip@va.gov as pdf files.
- Separate checklists must be submitted for each instrument.
- An individual *digital color photo of available equipment may be submitted (encouraged but not required) along with VA Form 10-1274.
*Digital Color Photo of Equipment
- E-mail a JPG, TIF, or BMP file to Requip@va.gov along with the completed VA Form 10-1274 (Research Equipment Available to VA REQUIP Program).
- The website support staff will size the photo appropriately.
Criteria for Screening Equipment for Redistribution
- Acquisition cost of equipment is $5,000 or greater;
- Equipment is confirmed to be functional (unless prior arrangements are made through the REQUIP Coordinator) by the local biomedical engineer;
- Local industrial hygienist certifies that equipment has no detectable contamination; and
- All required completed forms are received by the REQUIP Coordinating Officer at Requip@va.gov:
- a. VA Form 10-1274 (Research Equipment Available to VA REQUIP Program);
b. Biomedical engineer checklist;
- c. Local safety officer/industrial hygienist checklist; and
- d. Digital photo (any size) of instrument (encouraged but not required).
The originating facility will be notified via e-mail of the date the screening criteria are satisfied. The REQUIP Coordinating Officer will then contact the originating facility within 3 business days to request that the Research Office either
hold the equipment for posting on the ORD website at http://www.research.va.gov/programs/requip (post for maximum of 45 calendar days) or
- excess the equipment through the local Property Manager using VA Form 10-1274 (Research Equipment Available to VA REQUIP Program).
Links to Forms
Note: Word documents not "form-fill"; must be printed, completed, and sent as PDF file attachments to REQUIP@va.gov.
These PDF forms are available on the VA Intranet only.
- VA Form 134 - Combination Requisition and Shipping Ticket
- VA Form 222 - Request for and Notice of Shipment
- VA Form 10-1274 - Research Equipment Available To VA REQUIP Program
- VA Form 10-1274A - Inquiry On Availability Of An Instrument From VA REQUIP Program
If you have Intranet access, please see the Intranet version of this page at http://vaww.research.va.gov/requip/list-equipment.cfm to download the forms.
If you have Adobe version 5.0.0, you
must upgrade to Acrobat Reader version 8 to view and
print the forms. You can download the free software at
Adobe Acrobat Reader.